It’s halfway through August and I feel like there’s still so much to do before summer ends! However, I have been busy and accomplishing a few of my summer challenges, so here’s a rundown of my summer thus far (with plenty of photos to boot!):
1. Along with visiting Fallingwater in Mill Run, PA, Sean and I also ventured to Laurel Caverns for a tour and some rappelling! For a gal that’s a bit afraid of heights, this was an exhilarating experience in the end!
2. Recycled a cutting board I bought at a yard sale for 50 cents, painted this personalized garden ornament for our home. I think it suits us perfectly (meow!).
3. Coordinated an expo at a conference in Atlanta, GA for work. Had a great time touring Atlanta as well!
4. Started painting the house interior. So far we’ve added a warm orange to the basement. Lots of blue hues to add upstairs yet.
5. Stargazing at the Maryland Science Center. This was a first for me, even though I’ve lived near Baltimore for nearly six years! Got to see Saturn, Titan and our own moon!
6. Spending countless hours relaxing with my two cats, Effie and Katniss, as well as reading, playing new board games with family and enjoying some summer television.
That about sums it up for now! Hopefully more inspirational posts to come. Enjoy the rest of summer while it’s still here!
- Fallingwater and Secluded Sacredness
- Peace for Syria: Fighting Fire with Water